Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Easton's first birthday

Easton officially turns one tomorrow (sniff, sniff! Where has the time gone?), but we celebrated last week. Easton threw up the day before his party and the day after, so I don't think he was feeling his best on his special day. You'll see for yourself how thrilled he was at the whole thing, especially the cake.

Easton will grandma, waiting for the festivities to start. He looks
so excited right?

Pile of presents and other random bits of interesting things left from Camden.

Opening presents with Camden's help. Easton loves to tear paper, but we never let him, so I think he was a little shocked that we actually encouraged him to do so.

Finally getting into it and having fun.
One of my students bought Eastie this hat. I loved it so much that I made him w
ear it for the rest of his presents.
Easton with his favorite gift of the event.

The cake! We call Easton our sunshine because he is such a happy, smiley boy, so we felt it was only appropriate his cake be a sun. Mark and I had a lot of fun making and decorating this cake.
Easton was less than enamored with the whole cake thing.
Easton didn't understand what he should do with the whole cake thing, so Daddy stepped in to help.

Easton didn't like the feel of the frosting on his fingers, so he thought throwing it on the dog was a great option.

Cutting the cake into pieces didn't make it any better.

I tried to feed him bites of cake, thinking that would get him interested, but you can see how well that turned out (and I don't know why the flash decided to stop working here).
Yeah, that whole eating cake thing didn't turn out so well. Neither of my boys have eaten their cakes on their birthday. I promise it is good cake really! In his defense, he got sick the next morning, so that may have been why we got such great first birthday cake pictures.






11 comments:

Jess said...

that cake turned out so cute! You never cease to amaze me with your mad cake skillz. He is really growing up!

Jess said...

that cake turned out so cute! You never cease to amaze me with your mad cake skillz. He is really growing up!

Jess said...

that cake turned out so cute! You never cease to amaze me with your mad cake skillz. He is really growing up!

Clyda and John said...

Your little boys are so cute and the cake you made is adorable. And even though Easton didn't want to eat it the cake, it looked yummy to me.

Unknown said...

Look at little Eastie! He's so cute!

Maine Mom said...

I can't believe Easton is 1 already! It looks like the only thing that perked him up on his birthday was opening his presents. That's sad that he didn't feel well on his special day.
I love the hat your student bought for Easton! It is so cute and it fits him perfectly. :-)
Great job on the cake!

Company EIGHT said...

Happy Birthday Easton!!

Dawnyel said...

Happy birthday!! I can't believe it's been a year already!
I hope he's feeling better now. Poor guy! Sick ON your birthday, that's NOT fun for him or his family!

Baker Family said...

Rachelle, what a great cake. Mark made it! Happy birthday Easton! I agree, where has the time gone.

Diana Mancuso said...

Happy first birthday, Easton!

Lammy said...

Merry Christmas!
I enjoy reading your thoughts even tho I don't get a chance to post often.
May your 2009 be filled with Joy and Happiness!